What is happening in the numbro's world.
New year, new numbro!
numbro 2.0.0 has just been released, and it’s a complete rewrite of the code.
Hopefully, numbro 2.0.0 is 99% backward compatible with the previous version (1.11.1).
Breaking changes are:
unformatis now a static function instead of an instance method (
- not precising a mantissa now means to keep them all while it used to mean to trim it off (
On the other side, this version brings some cool features in:
- From a usage point of view:
- a better formatting format, now using a literal object for an improved readability (note that the string format is still supported)
- support for BigNumber, so no more rounding issues
- defaults are now language specific, bringing more flexibility
- From a code point of view:
- the code is now split into modules, making it easier to read, to test and to maintain
- usage of the ES6 specification, for an up-to-date codebase
- usage of jasmine, for more advanced testing (while keeping all previous tests)
- usage of istanbul, ensuring a 100% test coverage ratio!
More details can be found in the PR #305
numbro 1.11.0 has been released.
- Fix #232: update numbro.d.ts to use export = instead of export default. Thanks @olmobrutall.
- Fix #241: Added bg localization. Thanks @gwynjudd.
- Fix #248: Fix index.js generation for culture neutral codes. Thanks @gwynjudd.
- Fix #255: Allow four character country code. Thanks @gwynjudd.
- Fix #260: Added el localization. Thanks @gwynjudd.
- Fix #269: Fix thousands and decimal separator for en-ZA. Thanks @gwynjudd.
- Fix #271: Added es-CL localization. Thanks @gwynjudd.
- Fix #272: Added es-CO localization. Thanks @gwynjudd.
- Fix #273: Added es-CR localization. Thanks @gwynjudd.
- Fix #274: Added es-NI localization. Thanks @gwynjudd.
- Fix #275: Added es-PE localization. Thanks @gwynjudd.
- Fix #276: Added es-PR localization. Thanks @gwynjudd.
- Fix #277: Added es-SV localization. Thanks @gwynjudd.
numbro 1.10.1 has been released.
- Fix #239: Add de-AT localization. Thanks @gwynjudd.
- Fix #242: Added de-LI localisation. Thanks @gwynjudd.
- Fix #243: en-IE localization. Thanks @gwynjudd.
- Fix #246: Added it-CH localization. Thanks @gwynjudd.
- Fix #265: Revert Error thrown when invalid input. Thanks @BenjaminVanRyseghem.
numbro 1.10.0 has been released.
- Fix #213: Unhelpful Error Message with $ as Format String. Thanks @reustle.
- Fix #221: update package.json license field. Thanks @mguida22.
- Fix #190: Allow abbreviation precision for < 4. Thanks @chrisnicola.
- Fix #227: Add Romanian locale. Thanks @herodrigues.
- Fix #222: allow a decimal format for an integer. Thanks @mguida22.
- Fix #233: Correct CZ and SK locales (finally). Thanks @smajl.
- Fix #244: Fixes for fr-CH. Thanks @gwynjudd.
- Fix #262: Better input validation. Thanks @BenjaminVanRyseghem.
numbro 1.8.0 has been released.
- Fix #180: Add culture function, deprecate language. Thanks @wereHamster.
- Fix #170: Add the ability to determine units without formatting. Thanks @pickypg.
- Fix #162: Add TypeScript declaration file. Thanks @wereHamster.
- Fix #163: unformat: return undefined when value can’t be parsed. Thanks @wereHamster.
- Fix #173: Added two latest stable node versions to Travis build. Thanks @therebelrobot.
- Fix #176: default pt-BR currency is prefix, not postfix. Thanks @luisrudge.
- Fix #175: Zero byte unit fix, take 2. Thanks @therebelrobot.
- Fix #135: Fix fr-CA currency format. Thanks @killfish.
- Fix #174: Set versions for all deps. Thanks @BenjaminVanRyseghem.
- Fix #152: Use zeros() function instead of multiple inline implementations. Thanks @MarkHerhold.
numbro 1.7.1 has been released.
- Fix #142: Limit packaging extraneous files. Thanks @MarkHerhold.
- Fix #143: Fixing web build. Thanks @mmollick.
- Fix #149: Allow loading of cultures in node explicitly if numbro hasn’t detected correctly that it is in node. Thanks @stewart42.
- Fix #147: Fixing formatting issues for very small (+/-1e-23) numbers. Thanks @MarkHerhold.
numbro 1.6.2 has been released.
Two hotfixes today as we are moving the API.
- Fix deprecated use of
- Fix languages to use proper intPrecision
intPrecisionwhen value is 0
numbro 1.6.0 has been released.
This version brings new API functions to replace the language based functions. Those are now deprecated, and a equivalent has been introduced.
Introduced new API functions:
Deprecated API functions:
Those deprecated functions will be removed in version 2.0.0
numbro 1.5.2 has been released.
This release brings a few fixes and improvements, especially for Browserify users.
Let’s hope you’ll like this new version.
numbro 1.50 has been released.
We are proud to announce a new release of numbro today. Actually, we did tree releases today (we like to keep them small).
Basically, it brings now support for Hebrew (thanks to @eli-zehavi), automatic load of all languages for node users (thanks to @alexkwolfe), and an improvement in the decimal accuracy when minified (thanks to @rafde).
I hope you will have fun with this new release,
numbro has a fresh new website
With these, let me introduce to you Ranko the Raccoon, the numbro mascott
I hope you we like the new website as much as I enjoy doing it.